Campus Sexual Assault Victims' Bill of Rights
As a student at a college or university, you have basic rights when it comes to being the victim of a sexual assault on campus. The United States Congress enacted this Bill of Rights in 1992. Therefore, all colleges and universities participating in federal student aid programs are required to afford sexual assault victims certain basic rights.
- Accuser and accused must have the same opportunity to have others present.
- Both parties shall be informed of the outcome of any disciplinary proceeding.
- Survivors shall be informed of their options to notify law enforcement.
- Survivors shall be notified of counseling services.
- Survivors shall be notified of options for changing academic and living situations.